SF OFFICE OF ASSESSOR-RECORDER CONTINUES TO SERVE DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
SAN FRANCISCO, CA --- While our physical offices remain closed to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus, we are committed to continue to provide services to you through telework. Please feel free to contact us by calling 3-1-1 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a list of commonly asked services:
Online Self-Help Resources – www.sfassessor.org - one stop shop for information. Includes downloadable forms, applications and instructions, educational videos and fact sheets.
For Recording Services – documents may be submitted to our office by mail, drop box or electronically. Learn more by visiting our Recording page here. Information regarding recording requirements, transfer tax and recording fees also available.
Requests for Official Documents:
- Marriage Certificate - you can obtain a copy of your marriage certificate by mail, drop box or online application (through VitalChek). Learn more and download the application by visiting our marriage certificate page here.
- Records Search - you can continue to researching public records through our online platform here.
- Copies of Recorded Documents- Once your search is completed and you have located the document you need, you can obtain a copy by drop box or by mail. Visit here for more details.
Tax Saving Applications - we continue to receive your applications, however, significantly limited access to our physical sites may cause delays in processing. Please visit the pages below for more information.
- Exemptions: tax saving programs for homeoweners, disabled veterans, non-profits, schools, religious institutions, etc.
- Exclusions: changes in ownership that maybe excluded from reassesment, including parent-and-child tranfers, grandparent-to-grandchild transfers, registered domestic partner transfers, earthquake retrofit and other exclusions.
- Tax Relief: including disaster relief, transfer of assessment to replacement home by seniors, market value decline and others.
For Businesses (Business Personal Property) – e-filing services will continue for businesses. We encourage you to sign up for e-filing if you have not done so already. Visit here for more information.
Reviews of Sales and Assessments – will continue. Email us at email@example.com with questions.
Pending Assessment Appeals – this function is not managed by our office. It is managed by an independent entity delegated by the Board of Supervisors called the Assessment Appeals Board. Please visit their website at https://sfgov.org/aab/ for more information.
Billing and Collections of Property Taxes – this function is not managed by our office. It is managed by an independent entity called the Treasurer-Tax Collector’s Office. Please visit their website at https://sftreasurer.org/ for more information.
How to Contact Us: